SHOWS AND EVENTS for 2018
The Member Show at Barrett Library opened May 5, 2018. The reception is scheduled for June 29th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Mount Pocono Fall Days will be held in September. More details to follow.
Holiday Arts Festival at Skytop will be held November 24th - 25th.
Board of Directors Quarterly Meetings: July 11th and October 10th. Members are welcomed to attend.
JUNE 24, 2018 MINUTES
- Please attend the reception for the Pocono Arts Collage on June 21, 2018 from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm. Following the reception will be a Panel Discussion on " Selling Your Artwork Through the Social Media.
- The next exhibit will be sponsored by the National Endowment for The Arts and the theme will be "Dogs and Their Relationship with Humans". Each arts group can present ten pieces of artwork. Drop off is August 27th-28th, from 9:30 am - 3:00 pm.
- Discussion focused on what more the college can do to promote art and provide venues for artists to display their artwork. Suggestions were:
1. Provide monthly shows in other areas of campus, similar to our gallery exhibits program.
2. Make it more conducive to purchasing artwork by possibly providing the artists email or websites with their permission during exhibits.
3. An online gallery with artists images attached to the artists websites or contact information.
The Fourth Annual " Pocono Arts Collage Show" opens on June 11, 2018. There is no theme to this show and each Arts Council is allowed (10) ten pieces which can be wall hangings or showcase items.
The reception is scheduled for June 21, 2018 from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm with a panel discussion on "Selling Art Through Social Media".
Pick up is August 14th - 15th, 9:30 am - 3:00 pm.
The Fall Show is supported by Monroe County Endowment For The Arts.
It is a themed show about dogs and their service to man and humanity. Including scenes with service dogs, therapy dogs, canine soldiers, canine police dogs, etc. Focus is on dogs helping us. More details to follow.
Drop off is August 27th - 28th, from 9:30 am - 3:00 pm. Pick up date is to be announced.
Reception is September 13, 2018 from 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm.